Learn how to create 3D personalized gum paste cake topper figures like this Groom and Bride, with our guest Liliana Rojas from Ecuador. Start with the basics of working with gum paste, and learn how to use gel colors to produce realistic skin tones. Then sculpt your toppers and dress them with fashionable gum paste outfits that you create, Support your figures with skewers and wire to place them in a wide variety of positions. Your toppers will take the cake!
What you will learn:
- Condition and color gum paste to achieve the right skin tones, paint faces, make arms, legs, bodies and more.
- Create simple structures for standing figures.
- Add lifelike movement to your cake toppers with wiring techniques for arms and legs.
- Personalize your toppers with cute details like clothing, hair, and accessories.
- Date: Saturday, May 15 and 16, 2020
- Time: 10:15 am - 5:00 pm
- Cost: $350 (We offer payments Plan)
- Materials and lunch (included),
- Tools will be provided for the duration of the class.