The purpose of Food Safety Manager Training is to prepare managers to implement proven food safety practices and systems, maintain a safe and hygienic food-service operation, and oversee the training and daily practices of hourly food workers to prevent the spread of food borne illness. This program will also prepare certification candidates to sit for any of the nationally-accredited Certified Food Protection Manager Exams.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify symptoms and diseases that must be reported to a manager and/or the regulatory authority.
- Identify how personal hygiene affects food safety and how to prevent, treat, or clean-up hazards that could contaminate food.
- Identify procedures used to receive, store, prepare, display, and serve food to prevent contamination.
- Recognize foods that require time and temperature control for safety, know how to use a food thermometer, and identify time and temperature requirements for cooking, cooling, thawing, reheating, and holding.
- Identify locations used for food and chemical storage and labeling procedures used for food and chemicals stored in their non-original containers.
- Identify the eight major food allergens and how to prevent cross-contact risks.
- Classify appropriate food-contact surface materials and storage requirements for utensils, linens, single-use materials, and equipment.
- Identify procedures for cleaning and sanitizing food- and non-food-contact surfaces.
- Recognize facility design requirements for food establishments.
- Identify which records should be kept on file at a food establishment and the amount of time they must be kept.
- Identify managerial responsibilities for employee training, imminent health hazards, facility tours, food recalls, menu and product labeling, and serving food to highly susceptible populations.
We count with a Certified ServSafe Instructor and Registered ServSafe Proctor must meet minimum experience and educational requirements. You can be confident that practical, real-world experience guides your training.
This credential is received by passing the Food Protection Manager Certification Exam.
Date: June 1, 2019
Time:9:00 am to 1:00 pm
Exam Date: June 8, 2019 from: 9:00 am to 11:00 am
Cost: $250 (including the books, tuition and final exam.)
Note: Deadline to Register - May 17, 2019
We hope to see you there!
Students receive up to 10% discount on class materials, and 20% off over $100. Please contact us for more information, 305-255-6735 or firstname.lastname@example.org. All class payments are final.
We Also Recommend